Orlando Weapon Offenses Attorney
The 10-20-Life Statute included in 775.087 was entered into Florida law in 1999. This statute stipulates that:
- When an offender possesses a firearm/gun or other destructive device while committing or attempting to commit certain felonies, he/she will face a minimum prison term of 10 years
- If the firearm is discharged, the minimum prison term will be 20 years
- If someone is injured or killed by the firearm/weapon during the commission/attempted commission of the crime, the offender will face a minimum prison term of 25 years and maximum of life in prison
- A convicted felon who is found in possession of a firearm will face a minimum of three years in prison
- The minimum prison term will be served consecutively to any other imposed prison term
As you can see, the consequences of a conviction are extremely serious and will affect every aspect of your life.
We have successfully represented many clients charged with various weapon offenses, including but not limited to:
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
- Improper Exhibition of Firearm
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
Regardless of how minor or serious your situation seems, you must consult with a highly qualified Orlando gun charge lawyer right away.Central Florida Weapons Offense Lawyers Fighting to Protect Your Freedom
At Adams & Luka, we thoroughly investigate every detail of the charge against you. We understand there are situations in which a gun or firearm may be planted on someone unknowingly, or a firearm for which you had a permit stolen by someone else, who used it in the commission of a crime. There are countless scenarios which could result in an innocent individual being accused of a serious and life-changing crime.
In every criminal case, prosecutors must prove certain elements of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt. We know there are many legal options, and will work with you to determine the most beneficial way to proceed. Whether it is possible to have charges dismissed or reduced, to seek probation rather than prison time, or becomes necessary to go trial and fight for an acquittal, we are equipped to handle the job.Contact Adams & Luka Today
Weapon offenses are extremely serious, and could cost you your freedom, reputation, and career. It is vital that you take action on your own behalf by contacting an experienced and compassionate criminal defense attorney in Orlando. With more than 30 years of combined experience, we have the skill, experience, and thorough understanding of the criminal justice system to reach the result you desire and deserve. Contact us now for a free consultation at (407)872-0307 or (352)787-2101.